Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #1128
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
this is why i'm going to try to disconnect the battery tomorrow at work (roughly an hour or so). i also did a master reset and it didn't clear anything.

i know if you disconnect the battery long enough (at least in older vehicles), some things are reset. hopefully mft doesn't have a backup battery / 16mb of storage somewhere that stores all the presets.

i had like 20 favorite places saved, so yeah... i'm s.o.l. if i cannot delete / reset them. don't feel like renaming 20 places.
Good news! I have the solution.

This happened to me on 2.11 a few times. If you have a favorite set with the voice name tag enabled and then do a master reset (or in this case the upgrade) it will delete the favorite, but keep the name tag stored in some inaccessible place. For me I knew it was doing this because when I asked it to go to one of my old favorites it acknowledged the command and then never did anything. So It knew the name, but there was no place associated with it.

The solution I found was to go into favorites and save your point under the same name as your old favorite. So if you had set the old one as "Work" then go back in and recreate that favorite using the same name. At this point if you try to enable the voice tag it will error and say that another place already exists with this name. This is a good sign. Now force the system to reboot, I use the reboot file that someone had posted on here a while ago which tricks the system into rebooting itself, I'm sure a fuse pull would work too.

When the system boots back up it should re associate the stuck voice tag with the favorite you just created, solving your problem. You can check this by going into the favorite and the voice tag should display as enabled. The system must do some sort of check when it boots and verify the favorites and voice tags.

Like I said I have had to do this at least twice. I hope this works for you. In the future what I have found is go in and disable the voice tags on all your favorites before doing any upgrades or resets.