Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus 2012 Electrical Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
NavinJohnson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96734
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 1 NavinJohnson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus 2012 Electrical Problems

Hello,
Just hit about 15k miles on my 2012 Focus and haven't had any problems until today.
In the drive-thru of McDonalds and my dash starts throwing odd messages. "Transmission not in park" and "Brake fluid low" (Brake Fluid is not low). The lights continue flashing and then go dim. My Speedometer and tach are acting like there is a short, going on and off. My A/C comes on and off (mostly off). Turn signals stopped working.
The only window that works is driver's side rear and it doesn't always work. Finally got my driver's side window rolled up. I just got out of my car and the "beep beep" like a door was open stayed on even after I turned my car off and closed the door. I could also hear the radio was still on. I came back after 5 minutes and both were still on so I disconnected my battery.
I will certainly take it to the dealer tomorrow but it's a long drive and it's hot in Texas. No A/C and can't roll the windows down.
Sounds like a major computer is malfunctioning. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks much,