Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
I talked to Steve at Tousley Ford yesterday about this very subject. The steering wheel and a computer re-flash is all that is needed even if it is euro-spec. Period!
Can you get Steve to supply you with the step by step instructions for the reflash of the computer? Does the image for the computer need to come from donor cars ECU's that does have cruise control? (This is what the parts guys from my ford dealer told me.)

The steering wheel change over should be easy enough but its the computer reflash that bothers me. Also the ford tech I spoke to named Joe said that he didn't recommend doing anything like this since the cars have a electronic throttle instead of a throttle cable attached to the gas pedal. He basically said he wouldn't want the car speeding out of control because of trying to add cruise control to a car that didn't come with it that has this type of setup. (However I have a 5 speed manual and if this happened I would just throw out the clutch and take it out of gear and then come to a stop and turn the car off.)