eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
Nite shade spray on tint from Advanced Auto Part. Simply tape off the reverse lights and any other areas you don't want tinted and spray. The darkness is determined by how many layers you put on. I think I did about two very thin layers and than did one more later because I wanted the light a little darker. Before you do it, I'd suggest practicing on something else so you know how dark to get it per spray; I first did it on my bumper's side markers and ended up getting them too dark because I didn't know how thick to put it on.

After I tinted, I went back through and clear coated, sanded, and polished much like you would if doing a regular paint job. That way, they have a very glossy look just as if they had come out of the factory tinted. (In pics you may see that my passenger side taillight is a little cloudy, I think I sanded through the clear and into the tint. Someday, I need to reclear coat that one so it matches the drivers side light).

One more word of warning. You taillight probably will warp slightly. You can see it on my taillights; the tint holds in the heat from the lights making the lights warp slightly. It hasn't been to bad and my lights were already slightly warped before I tinted them. What you see on my car is after driving with lights on for about an hour a day for almost a full year.
Awesome. Thanks for the tips! I got my Focus about a year ago and have done some basic performance upgrades (Intake, exhaust, springs) and now it is time to start on some exterior mods!