Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #110
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamura View Post
In decades of driving and owning various makes I think I have been most disappointed owning Chrysler products. Stuff simply wore out long before it should have, burned oil when it shouldn't have, lost a trans when it shouldn't have, etc. As a US based mfgr I WANTED to like 'em but I finally just lost the faith. Haven't had a Ford product in nearly 20 years so here's hoping....
1st month of my parents owning a durango the rear a/c went out, it was covered but some parts were not so they wanted like $400 extra to fix it... then rear door locks went out. I moved to the states and lost track of what happened to it since it was my parents. I do know the engine almost blew up, gunk was accumulating and they wanted a few hundreds to perform a flush, alternator when out, fuel pump was replaced, oil pump was replaced twice, power steering pump was replaced, suspension made funny noised they never fixed/found what it was and i really forgot what else. As soon as the warranty expired my parents got rid of it. BTW they gave them only $2500 for it as a trade in and got an FJ cruiser. Iíve beaten the shit out of it in water, mud, sand, asphalt and never ever any problems with it