GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Hi - Canadian 2012 Focus owner here - waiting for my update to arrive by mail. I don't check this forum that often but checked in and read that last 10 pages of this thread tonight to see if people were starting to get the update and what they thought of it. For me the current version has shown it's flakiness but is generally usable for me as someone who is fairly tolerant (I've had 5-10 lockups and have had to do a few fuse pull since June when I bought the car but that has not bothered me too much).

Well - I'm shocked and in disbelief about what I'm hearing in the last 10 pages here. Sounds to me like the update which was intended to stabilize the system and make up for the lacking fist few releases is more buggy than ever and is in fact so bad that some advise not to upgrade unless it's a total nightmare on the previous version? Is this a cruel joke? Someone, anyone - say it isn't so!!!
Well, I haven't installed it yet, but I spent a good bit of time playing with it in my friends Focus last night. He's has zero issues with his. No lockups, not a single problem at all, and it's really fast. I too was worried after reading the forums here, but I can only think that there is something going on beyond the update that is causing frustration for some. Perhaps some issue with attached devices, or who knows.

Bottom line is very few people with perfectly functioning updates come here to say that it's great and there are no issues. So when all you see are the problems, it makes things look pretty grim. Rest assured not everyone is having bad results.