Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wait...hold the phone. Can we get someone else to confirm the info below? There are dealer-only updates that are NEWER than what will be mailed directly to customers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Ok, so this is really interesting... I saw another person posting about purchasing his car shortly before the mail out date, and being told he didn't make the list. So, I decided to investigate for myself as I purchased my Focus near the end of February.

I called in, and he found my info and said that I would be receiving the flash drive and SD card soon. I have navi, which I don't want to be without, so I am waiting. Then he said that once I get it, that I will need to take it in to the dealer (free of charge) because there are additional SYNC/MFT updates needed which are not included in the mailed kit. I have v2.11 now. I asked him what those updates were, and he didn't know, but said that it was flagged in the system as needing additional updates.

He made it very clear that this would all be done at no charge. So, now I am wondering if some of the issues everyone is having may be due to others also needing these additional updates as well? Sync my ride does offer to let me download the update, but I am waiting so I keep navi in tact.

Just sharing what I was told in case it helps anyone.