View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
the bass cd starts at 20hz i think and goes all the way up to like 80-90hz. id rather do a 145 at 42 hz then a 155 at 65hz.

i decided to go with a 39hz tuning on the box because my last box was tuned at 41 hz with 1.99 cu ft after displacement and i did a 143.9 with the 1 12 playing track number 47 in wich i beleive is 45 hz im still looking for the case to the copy i bought so i can double check that. it was even with the box tuned at 41 hz it would still hit hard loud and clean for daily listening and you could realy feel the lows.

the brace is there more for the back wall then the front it will most likely end up facing back so i wanted the back wall to have some extra support. i am doing a double baffle just didnt add it to the sketch up. the subs weigh in at almost 60 lbs a peice so i want to make sure the box can handle the weight and abuse from the subs

this is only my second box build so im still open to suggestion i wont be able to start working on it till the end of april so i have time to change things up a little bit.