blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
Had black screen of death every other day with ver 2.11 of MFT. It's wonderful to have the complete dash go dark at night. Dealer gave up, I opened a case with Ford. Never heard from them. Called back to complain again and was informed my problems had been resolved ??????? They called dealer and requested they update my system with ver 3. They did it that night. Have only had a few problems since then.

Rear camera error (I don't have a rear camera. Maybe Ford will give me one!)
Bluetooth favorites does not work. Last phone used always connects.
Day/night dimming flashes at dusk. Bright dark bright dark .............
Favorites on steering wheel work, but not where I want to go, but no way to control where they take you.
Compass to small, Look at size in advertising and compare to screen.
Compass readings on dash vs MTF do not read the same.
No outdoor temperature.
Station and song no longer at bottom of screen unless you are off the main screen.
If you use a wallpaper it is overwritten by everything else.
No black screen of death so far. (fingers crossed)
When using voice control will not go to favorite phone numbers. If you say phone, favorites it goes to phone and then refreshes the screen. Does not give an error message or that is not a recognized command.

Oh well it's working, dumbed down with lost functionality but working.
Most of your bugs seem to be common with the software and we all have them. One or two you mentioned were design decisions by ford. As for your screen dimming, why not enable the manual brightness over auto? Its in the settings under display I think.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate