blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Hi - Canadian 2012 Focus owner here - waiting for my update to arrive by mail. I don't check this forum that often but checked in and read that last 10 pages of this thread tonight to see if people were starting to get the update and what they thought of it. For me the current version has shown it's flakiness but is generally usable for me as someone who is fairly tolerant (I've had 5-10 lockups and have had to do a few fuse pull since June when I bought the car but that has not bothered me too much).

Well - I'm shocked and in disbelief about what I'm hearing in the last 10 pages here. Sounds to me like the update which was intended to stabilize the system and make up for the lacking fist few releases is more buggy than ever and is in fact so bad that some advise not to upgrade unless it's a total nightmare on the previous version? Is this a cruel joke? Someone, anyone - say it isn't so!!!
It is a cruel joke, but sadly it appears to be true. Lets be clear though, for most the update is more stable. As in, it won't randomly reboot - at all or as much. But, you will likely be trading one set of show stopping bugs for another, and a whole new look that many people don't like. Personally I don't mind the look but my mp3 album art has gone from a small percentage of not working, to not working at all. There are also graphical trigger bugs on most of the new blinky led buttons.

Really its up to you to decide what might work best.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate