copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Odd. I have noticed something, if you give the car a good minute to boot everything up before throwing commands at MFT, it might respond more positively. Giving it a minute before hitting entertainment or any of that the past few drives, my car hasn't once given me any of the weird input highlighted button issues, overlaying information on the home screen, etc.

Could just be that people are starting to hit buttons a little too quickly for the system. It is a computer afterall, so giving it a little bit to boot up is certainly something you should be understandable about doing.

Just sharing my thoughts, as that method has given me 4-5 problem free drives in a row now.
Unfortunately this has not been the case for me. This is something I learned to do after a couple of months of owning the car w/V2.11. Let eveything boot up, wait until it recognized my phone, phone on BT stereo, iPod found, and Nav loaded. Not enter anything until all of this completes, and even after it completed still wait a good couple of minutes before even trying to hit the voice paddle. I have been engaging in the same behavior since the install of the new one (force of habit) and everything I've experienced - non-functional entertainment screen button, buttons launching functions different from the button I hit, freeze, lockup, blank screen, "Performing scheduled maintenance", all of these thing occurred for me well after everything was loaded or recognized.