feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
How long is "a good minute" in reality? I've waited 10-15 before doing anything a number of times (a fair amount of these issues appear on startup so waiting doesn't help anything) and I still have these issues. Side question: Has anyone actually had their indexing/building media commands wait time shortened with this update (I don't mean it no longer telling you it is doing it, I mean when it actually finishes) or is it just more graceful at handling itself not being ready?
Like... A minute. Lol. If a lot of the issues show up on startup give it a minute before doing anything and from what I've seen so far they'll go away and right themselves. For instance, instead of hitting entertainment right when the car starts, give it a minute before hitting the entertainment quadrant and none of the issues with input highlights should be present. Like I said, I haven't had an issue in the last several drives by using that method.

And to answer the question about indexing... This system has been MUCH MUCH faster for my 160gb iPod classic indexing and building media commands. The first drive it took maybe 5 minutes before it allowed me to play and use voice commands for everything I threw at it.

I've got about 55gb worth of music on there too, and after it indexed once it hasn't done it again since.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117