Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #829
Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonham View Post
- Even with the doors locked, it is possible to open the door from the inside - my daughter did it accidentally while the car was in movement. The Honda I had previously did not allow that. There's a lock on the side door panel that can be twisted to permanently lock the door from the inside, but then the central locking system won't release the door and you have to open it from the outside.
That's a safety feature my friend and to be honest I'd rather have the ability to open the door even if its locked should I need to get out quickly and do not have time to hit the unlock button on the center of the dash. I wish there was a manual lock switch/lever on the doors instead of nothing at all.

The owners manual says you have you to pull the handle twice to open a locked door in this case. (Once to unlock then pull again to open the door.)

On my old ford even if the door is locked the first pull of the handle will unlock and open the door. I rather have that then this double pull. If I had kids that wanted to open the doors all the time then yes by all means disable the interior handle till they are old enough to know better.

Good luck with your service visit :D