Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #87
robbiew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96199
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 robbiew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbass24emtp View Post
I was able to get the sunglass console down. It was at first a PITA, but I looked at the pics of it and saw where the tabs on the side were and put a small screwdriver in there and got them to pop. What I did was find where the side tab was and put the screwdriver blade there and then pushed down on the handle and it made a loud pop and came out. I about sh_t my pants, cause I thought I broke it, but it was okay. Once I got the side tabs out the rest was not bad. Once I got it down I stuffed Polyfill (the stuff in pillows) that I bought to use on my sub box in my truck and just stuffed it full. I still get some noise on the hyw at 70+, but it is a vast improvement over what is was, but I can live with it. It could be the phone cause some days are better than others and my wife has an old HTC Hero.
BE CAREFUL stuffing Polyfill in that opening if you have a sunroof. It can easily get caught in the sunroof track/motor and leave your sunroof inoperable.
Don't ask how I learned that