Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingstick View Post
Would like to say that I'm surprised,but this is what "the New Ford" is all about.The cars are out of the assembly line ,are shipped at the dealerships,are washed and then delivered straight to the customers.This may work fine 95% of the times,but this also means that if a car had a problem,the customer is the one stuck with it.Yes Ford will fix it ,but not everyone can afford to lose a day or two of work to get their car fixed.This is one of the major reasons why people started to buy Japanese and Korean cars.They are pretty much the same price and sometimes even cheaper ,but before delivering the car ,they inspect it and do a good 10 miles road test.If the problems are minor,they are fixed ,major ones are sent back to the assembly lines or are simply disposed of.Most manufacturers charge pretty much the same for shipping and preparation of the car,but you are far from getting the same for your money.While other will do a complete inspection , Ford will simply pull the dipstick,check the lights and wash the car.

So seriously,what was the purpose of skipping on the bailout if the end result is to give " good enough" quality instead of excellent?

If I wanted good enough ,I would buy a Dodge knowing what I was getting myself into.
I understand what you mean and yes I can't really afford any more time being lost due to the car and hell I did this so I wouldn't have this problem for a while. I spent enough time just test driving and then haggling the dealerships down in price till it got to where I wanted. Thankfully my boss understands and as long as I made up the hours I was fine. However that's days I had to work longer hours which isn't any fun. Thankfully my company has tomorrow off so that why I have my appointments tomorrow but who knows how long they might hold on to the car.

Anyway I hope this works out for the best as I don't want to have to go the other way with this. I'd have to start the car buying process all over again though be it at a later stage since I already have an idea of what I am looking for.