Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #73
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
The OP pretty much did the same thing, and it showed marked improvement. I was asking whether there was a way to adjust the sensitivity of the mic with SYNC itself, without having to resort to the fic the OP originally listed. I just like to keep things stock if for no other reason than disassembling the overhead console and risking breaking something...looks like I will be shoving some insulation in there tho.
I don't think you'll find the insulation will make it any better unless you plan on dynamatting the entire roof which would require removal of the headliner.

I mentioned sealing my mic off so well that if I put my palm over it. The other side hears absolute silence. When I remove my palm and don't speak all they hear is what sounds like rushing wind noise. It doesn't sound anywhere near that loud to my ears in the car but obviously to a mic that is turned up so sensitive it does.