Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #758
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyy View Post
From what i read on this forum most people do not like it ,they are all gripeing
IMHO, the DCT represents more of a crap-shoot than any major component of any car you can buy today. You should take a really long test drive, or better yet rent one before you buy. Even if you like what you drive, you can't be sure the one you actually get will behave the same way.

You odds of getting a good one are pretty high, but not 100%. To make matters slightly worse, if you do have problems, the dealer network seems somewhat unprepared to fix them. This may be inevitable when a completely new technology is introduced, but it is the situation owners have to deal with.

Me? Mine behaves OK most of the time, though it has high temperature shudder at launch, is rather difficult to drive smoothly and, because it upshifts really early, can feel sluggish. So I guess I'm not a fan...can't help but think how much better it would be with a contemporary 6 speed conventional automatic.