Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #710
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
There's a new "long rivet" clutch out there according to one of the car mags, but don't know when Ford introduced it into production. So they do seem aware that something is not working quite right.

My car is going in next Monday for a diagnosis. Not optimistic, but I'll post any interesting news.
Yeah see what you can find out about it. I see now where it was mentioned in Motor Trend's "much improved" article:

"Perhaps this issue was addressed by some rolling changes to the hardware that have been rolled out on more recently built cars, including revised "long-shoulder rivets" in the clutch itself, to reduce chatter/vibration during launch, and new right-hand engine mounts to quell a vibration at idle."

The article was published on 12/23/11 which means it was probably already incorporated into production long before my car was built on 12/2/11.

So Ford has in fact been making hardware changes to this tranny in response to customer feedback. Interesting...

I'm meeting my sister-in-law's boyfriend for the first time next week - he's a Ford mechanic. Hoping to get some juicy info from him.