Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #702
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
No, I am not here for bashing people for getting great mileage. I bought this car for its good mileage too. I only say that if you are so concerned about your tranny, treat it as it should and as stated in the Owner's manual for the first 1000 miles.
Which is the following:

And forget about the mpg during this time and you'll never have shuddering, especially after getting the last TSB on your car.

kam327 - I stand corrected. And I appologize for everything I said about heat and all. What I was bashing was the fact that everyone of you was out here talking about a "design flaw". Which, as proved by yourself, it is not true. It is something normal in certain conditions. So case closed for me.
Thank you for your reasonable response, much appreciated. Yes others have suggested my break in procedure was faulty, but by the quote from the manual you just provided, I had no choice but to follow the recommendation to the letter. With suburban commuter traffic, continuously varying speed is a must. I probably average a stop light every mile and never use cruise control. If I drove it across country on cruise control straight off the lot, then yes, shame on me...

It was I who used the phrase "design flaw." I don't back down from that possibility, however remote. If the clutches are indeed overheating under certain driving conditions (as necessitated by road conditions, not driver habits) I think that leaves the door open... Perhaps they should have stuck with wet multiplate clutches which have been more proven in the field, no?