smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
Probably get flamed for this, but I wonder why everyone who is complaining about the 'new' version is so upset? Did you WAIT for it to come as Ford intended or did you get it from the internet? Because they haven't sent it to you yet. Do you know this file is without bugs and loaded properly? Could it be that had you WAITED as you should have for the ACTUAL USB update you may not have these bugs? It is a COPY over the internet. Not the same. I know some expert will say it is the same but I wouldn't trust anything like that to a web based download. TOO much info to trust to all the issues. AND there was solar flair activities which cause issues with internet traffic. So maybe before you get so upset at Ford you should do what they intended, wait for it like you SHOULD have and then if it doesn't work you have some legitimate reason to complain. Your copy from the web is a pirated copy for all it will be public info soon. Don't blame Ford for your impatience and fraudulent copy.
Yep, solar flares caused the software to put up a bogus "maintenance" screen.

The same one BTW, that was used in an attempt to hide the last versions inadequacy and instability. In less than 24 hours after install and brought on by inserting a USB storage device. I would never even consider myself a developer and I've written USB drivers for products my company makes that have NEVER failed. Ford is a multi-billion dollar company who can't achieve that, I learned C programming off a freaking pdf for christ sakes. Forgive me for being critical.

For what it's worth, I verified MD5 checksums for all of the files that came from syncmyride.com, minus the extra that was on the DEALERS drive. They matched.