Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #663
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

Points 519, Level 10
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Wow... You can download online from Ford directly...
That's what I did, right off sync my ride, as "they" intended (kudos, Rog, by the way, for sticking your neck out like that) ....

And an update:
My second go around went superb. She's been "upgraded" and is as all have reported. I'm pleased overall. Some of my favorite wallpapers don't work, but the Calvin and Hobbes one actually looks great.

I get it now about some of the buttons being out of scale. Most are as I'd expect, some are designed to be actuated via cane tip from the back seat.

I could not get it to crash / hang in 20 minutes of flubbing around. I paired the three cell phones no problem (still won't show my contact's pictures, oh well) and the 2gig USB drive indexed admirably. I'm kinda stuck on how to get this foolish thing to recognize my playlist. Time for more research, I guess.

The compass I have to laugh, as an outdoor professional, that design is the one most renown for being unreliable. Without driving around yet (it will likely re-calibrate itself), it was bass ackwards on direction. I am very thankful for the opportunity to trade a decent (albeit duplicate) temperature display for a cheap hardware store compass ... duplicate, of course. LOL, Whatever!!!
Hatch Nation #174