Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
They fixed one of my biggest gripes.

The reason for changing the indicator for every 2 volume steps (instead of 1 step in the previous version) should be obvious.
Nope...it shouldn't. There's no need to have that many notches if you're only going to *use* every other one. The worst part is if you change the volume when it's on one of the notches it won't even bring up the volume control until you change it further. It's completely ridiculous.

Please tell me how it's obvious...because if that were true I'd understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
Probably get flamed for this, but I wonder why everyone who is complaining about the 'new' version is so upset? Did you WAIT for it to come as Ford intended or did you get it from the internet? Because they haven't sent it to you yet. Do you know this file is without bugs and loaded properly? Could it be that had you WAITED as you should have for the ACTUAL USB update you may not have these bugs? It is a COPY over the internet. Not the same. I know some expert will say it is the same but I wouldn't trust anything like that to a web based download. TOO much info to trust to all the issues. AND there was solar flair activities which cause issues with internet traffic. So maybe before you get so upset at Ford you should do what they intended, wait for it like you SHOULD have and then if it doesn't work you have some legitimate reason to complain. Your copy from the web is a pirated copy for all it will be public info soon. Don't blame Ford for your impatience and fraudulent copy.
I'm not going to write a wall of text ripping this post apart, out of respect...but I'll give the synopsis.

1) If you don't know how an MD5 checksum works, don't talk about piracy. You don't understand what it means, so it's pointless to explain to you how you're wrong. Just know this: It was an official update from Ford.

2) If you don't know how an installer can be encrypted with a PKE, don't talk about piracy. The installer can *ONLY* work if it were produced and sent from Ford. It can't be altered, in any way, before being installed...or it would fail.

3) Pirated copy? Not even going to touch this one. Read #2 and #1.

4) Solar Flares? First of all, don't believe people telling you it would affect internet traffic. Secondly, it happened at 7am this morning. People downloaded it yesterday. Lastly, if the download had been changed, the MD5 checksum would be different...meaning everyone that downloaded it would know there was a problem.

5) Finally, many people have gotten it installed *DIRECTLY* from Ford, at the dealerships. Many people have also already received their USB sticks. Stop spreading rumors.

Mattphoto: The installer can't be modified. It would affect the PKE and the install would be cancelled by the car. Once again, it's not possible.