mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txskeets View Post
And to once again be clear...this is NOT pirated software. The software was obtained LEGALLY from a Ford dealership.
Not to get involved in this argument, as I wish it would stop, but there is a distinct difference between OBTAINED LEGALLY and DISTRIBUTED LEGALLY. I guarantee you that distributing the files independently violates the software license. Additionally, installing from that third-party source could possibly void your warranty on that system. Not that many people care. But I'm just saying. I bought MS Office legally, doesn't mean everyone who downloads a copy from my dropbox is also getting a legal copy.

Also, on the note of checksums... anyone who modified the file could remake a new set of checksums... it means nothing to the average user.

I don't think there's anyone who could hack these files without a lot of effort and incentive at this point. But it would be cool to pry them open with an editor and see what plain text strings can be changed for fun, and then re-upload with a new set of checksums.