FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvincf25 View Post
Hi I have had my focus for almost a year now and for the last 9 months, yes I said 9 months out of 12 the transmission has kept going out. I've had it fixed twice already and last friday it acted up again while I was driving on the highway!!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvincf25 View Post
... I just got off the phone with a customer service rep and she advised me that I'm not authorized for a buy back at this time, but I do qualify to get a new transmission this time!!! Wow it only took three times for my transmission to go out for me to get a new one!!!...
Hi cvincf25,

Your frustration is heard loud and clear!

It sounds as though you have a Customer Service Manager reviewing your case. Would you be willing to provide me the case number via PM? I'll see what I can do from my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longview View Post
are there problems with late production 2012's transmissions? I'm thinking about buying a newfocus hatchback, but after reading all the trans problems I really have to think about it.it seems the late 2012 are better,or is that wishful thinking? thanks.
Hey longview,

It's understandable your concern after reading the thread. However, be aware, Ford has striven to address Focus owner concerns as well as educate on the ins and outs of the Powershift technology. When you have a moment, peruse the forum and you'll find owners who are happily cruising around in their Focus.

In the meantime, continue researching, but don't allow these concerns to stop you from owning your very own Focus.

Here's some info about the PowerShift transmission. Check it out when you have a moment and let me know if you have any questions.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford