Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone NOT like the stock tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #49
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
certainly, on my 06 mustang gt. I had 555's, and they had much more grip in warm weather than the all seasons that came with it. But that was on a 300hp rear drive car. If you can truly puch the conti's to their limit without sliding out of your seat in the Focus, you should be on a track, the ONLY place summer tires on a Focus could make a difference that mattered.
You do realize that summer tires improve braking ability. Also if you are in an emergency situation where you need to swerve quickly, they provide more grip. So it's more than just a track where summer tires would make a difference. They also provide more stability at highway speeds, which is never a bad thing either and if you get the right summer tires for the street, they will provide better wet traction too.

All-season tires just make zero sense on any car if you truly enjoy driving and care about your car at all. Tires are the most important safety feature on a car since it's the only thing that actually touches the road, to me it makes sense to make sure I have the best I can get.

It also puzzles me why people think that putting an intake and an exhaust on their car is actually going to do anything, but neglect the tires completely. (not saying you said this mind you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_BS View Post
I bought this $hitbox to commute and I have fun doing it just fine on these tires. The way some of you describe how inadequate the Contis are Id think you were driving a legit sports car. Summer performance tires on a Focus? Lol go buy another car to mess around in.
You are aware that Ford sells the Focus with summer tires, right? And if it is a "$hitbox" why on Earth did you buy it?