Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #559
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post

2) No Valet mode. WTF were they were thinking here? No Valet mode means my personal addresses and phone numbers are available for anybody that gets into my car. Guess I won't be accepting valet parking anytime soon...

6) Separation of AM/FM. Lol what? Did they honestly think people wanted the AM and FM stations separated into different buttons?? Now my first USB device is on the first screen and my second is on the second page. If I could, I'd just remove AM from the list completely. What a waste. Why would they feel the need to change this?? The best option would be letting us re-order this list as we see fit. I'd throw AM and CD at the bottom of the list, as I never use them.
I installed the update last night, and messed around with the settings for a few seconds before taking off for work this morning. There is a valet mode. I didn't go into the actual valet mode menu to test it, but it's there.

I like the separation of the AM/FM buttons. If I want to listen to a baseball or football game, I don't want to have to press the "FM" button four times to cycle through FM, FM1, FM2, and AM, or whatever they used to be. Personal preference I guess. I agree that it would be nice to be able to drag and drop the buttons to a specific location.

One thing I really don't like is the fade effect when the screen changes. Fading gives the illusion of slowness. Maybe the system really is processing the data to be displayed while the screen fades in and out, but if not, they should eliminate the fade effect so screens just pop up instantly.