csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Why do I have this "no pun intended" sinking feeling that even with this update MFT will continue to be a hopeless POS?
That's not good that they have overlooked the "favorites" hardbuttons on the Focus. Also, I hear the valet mode is gone.

It looks like this MFT thread is more active, so I will post my thoughts here I wrote in another thread:

I just spent about 1 hour with the updated system in both the Focus and Lincoln MKX brand new on the dealership lot.

In my honest opinion, I am disappointed. While it may be a leap forward in catering to "non-technical" or older people, it went a step back in overall functionality. I never had a problem with the interface (as many people here), just the stability. It was intuitive as is.

I appreciate what they tried to do making the graphics blockier and bolder, but it makes the system look older and dated. I am guessing part of this is the former, but the latter is I am guessing it takes less processing with the new graphics to speed up the system and avoid lockups (supposidly).

I also confirmed the outside temperature is now gone without a setting to turn it on. They added a compass to the non-navigation systems so I am not sure the logic since most people look at temperature more than compass. The volume bar is alot smaller which seems the reverse of making everything else larger. The home screen shortcut mode and wallpaper mode are gone.

One of the major items for me is you can no longer see what's playing on satellite radio (artist and song) on the home page. It shows the station name on the preset, and then the station name again above the presets which is useless.

I don't feel like going into the entertainment screen every time I start the car just so I can have the functionality I had before with artist and song. Climate also doesn't show what mode it's in unless you are in the climate function, whether it's auto mode, floor, defrost, etc.

On the stability note, not a good initial impression. Again, this is on one vehicle, but I was simulating turning the car off and getting back in. Several times when it booted back up it forgot the satellite was playing, and the entertainment button would not go to the entertainment screen. I pushed the power button on the touch screen and on the lower panel and the radio would not turn on. Finally turned the car off and back on and the radio started working. Did this several times and the radio wouldn't work consistantly. (also, Ford, your lincoln THX demo cuts out after 1 second unless you have the radio on before running the demo, heads up)

So I left the dealership without getting the update so I can decide what to do. Looking at my older system's graphics on the way home was a big difference, it looks so much nicer. If only it was stable.

Yes, only my opinion, but a huge letdown for me tonight. Can only hope for another update soon.

Sigh.