Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone NOT like the stock tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #29
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutinyofthemind View Post
Don't appreciate the accusations, keep them to yourself. This is about the stock tires, not critiquing someone else's driving by talking out of YOUR ass.

I have a 20 mile commute in heavy stop-go traffic. Heavy on the brakes, frequent on the gas. Additional 10 miles on highway at a consistent 70mph. I've made this commute in two different cars, with four sets of tires between them. Stock Contis on my Cobalt lasted roughly 11,000, which seems to be where the Focus is heading as well. Next was a set of Falken ZE-512's on the Cobalt, those wore out after 14,000. That was the only set that was driven hard for ~1,000 miles. Last set of tires on the Cobalt where Pirelli P4s that had lasted for 25,000. It'd be a lie to say I'm ALWAYS at the speed limit, no is around here. When traffic moves, everyone is doing 5-10 over the limit. I pick a lane and stay in it for the whole commute until my merge to the highway. I will take turns without slowing down if not needed, but I'm not trying to hit the apex of every turn while squealing the tires and them on the edge of losing grip. As for driving like a maniac? Go yourself.
All crap aside, it still seems very implausible man...not trying to call you a liar, but 11-14000 miles? The old tube tires of the fiftiesand before lasted longer...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!