Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - anyone NOT like the stock tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent375hh View Post
I set my tire pressure (38F 33R) to achieve a fairly balanced drift, and very occasionally drive like that. I now have exactly 9.5/32 of tread left on all four tires measured at the middle, with 2K on the car. Assuming these actually measured the 10/32 that Continental states, since I did not check them when new, it would take me 24K miles before they hit the 4/32, the point which I get new ones.

I have no complaints about traction, including in rain and light snow. Seat of the pants tell me that my car will hang with my buddy's 2004 Mustang GT in corners, and he thinks the same, but his now wears Riken.

If they don't have the sidewall hernias that some complain about, I might well buy another set, but it appears that many people would prefer the DWS from Continental judging by Tire Rack polls.
Your Focus would hang with an 04 Mustang GT in a turn with almost any tire, unless he had some serious, serious rubber equipped.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!