Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My car got Di-noc'd .... sort of
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
dodgeguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85952
What I Drive: 2014 White Focus ST2

Points 574, Level 11
Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 dodgeguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile My car got Di-noc'd .... sort of

Just letting you guys know my experiences and what I have learned about covering my dash with carbon fiber film. So, looking through the forum and the web, I stumble upon this Di-noc stuff and think its pretty neat - perfect for the interior of my SES that was scratched to heck (I bought the car used). So I find it on ebay and buy a 2' x 4' section for about $20. Wow, I thought I got an awesome deal. It should have been closer to $60 (if it were the real McCoy). Anyway, it turns out I bought a knockoff. Gave it a try, and.... eh It looks good. It just doesnt want to stick the way I want it too. Did some more research and found a place (MetroRestyling.com) that was actually close by, to buy the real stuff made by 3M. I soon learned that this was more for an architectural application and when 3M realized car guys were using it they developed Scotchprint 1080. Wow! Night and day difference for installation. It is thinner to allow for bending in all the curves and grooves, and it sticks a million times better. The fiber cross weave is a bit smaller than others, but it still looks amazing. And the nicest thing about it is, that its cheaper than the Di-noc also. It's supposed to last 12 years outside as opposed to 4 years with Di-noc.

Sorry this was so long, I will ad some pics tomorrow. I have a couple pieces finished, but I had to look for a 'How to' take my dash out. LOL