Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Tarzanalog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94513
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tarzanalog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hard to tell... best to have a Ford tech investigate. I drove mine for only a couple of weeks with it making the noise as in Tiburon's video and it was bad enough to replace the clutch along with the throwout bearing when they dug into it... and that was at 700mi. for me.

Mine now also has a windshield creaking noise (since I got it back) that seems to be getting worse. At first I thought that it was just because of the cold weather, but it didn't have it when I first bought it Jan. 3 (colder than now) or in the month leading up to the repair work (that I could tell, there were other more pressing noises to deal with). I'm making a laundry list of things for them to look at later this week when I'm going to take it back in.

The new (but familiar) noise I described in post #22 of this thread now only appears infrequently but if I've been driving the car around town for awhile with frequent up/down shifting it'll do it on downshifts as well as when taking off from a stop. Still more of a shudder after the shift than a grinding like it's trying to get into gear. It was doing it so bad one day that I was contemplating dropping what I was doing and heading right to the dealer but then out of nowhere it just stopped... almost as if something fell off the car or something. Crazy. So now I feel like I need to ask them to look for something that might just flat out be missing. They're gonna think I'm crazy.

What's frustrating is that a key selling point of the 2012 Focus for me was the technology stuff that I'm currently not able to enjoy since I drive around with everything off (including the blower motor when I can) just listening for extraneous noises. Sigh.