Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #1117
sassynapoleon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87584
What I Drive: 2008 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 1 sassynapoleon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
I am sure they were not calling their pre-production color "tangerine scream". It appears to me to a cross between gold and bronze. The U3 coded picture looks a lot more like "tangerine scream", which I kinda like. The yellow blaze metalic was growing on me, and I would have ordered my Focus in that color except it was not an option on the SEL. To each his own. I am sure there will be more color choices in upcoming model years.
I beg to differ. Look at this 2010 press release: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/15/p...-to-go-global/

Quote:
Cologne, September 15, 2010 – The exciting new next-generation Ford Focus range is the star attraction in Ford Motor Company's display at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on September 30.

For the first time, the complete global Ford Focus line-up of three production-ready dynamic bodystyles will be displayed together, providing customers with a full insight into this significant new model before it goes on sale in Europe and North America early in 2011.

Visitors to the Paris display also cannot fail to notice the show car's highly distinctive sports exterior, which is finished in 'Tangerine Scream', a dramatic new body colour that reflects the new ST's exciting and energetic character.
I'll need to see it in person. It's not bad looking, and colors don't necessarily photograph accurately. I really like the Solar Orange color that the Audi TTS comes in. If I could find a 2009 coupe in that color I might be tempted.