Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #1111
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi View Post
Also also, I'd like to feel what a dual-clutch automatic can *really* do. All in all, the road feel of the 6-sp auto in the 2012 focus is horrible and listless.
The first generation software was probably like you say. Two software updates later, I think it is pretty close to spot on. When rallying up in the canyon on the tight stuff, hard on the gas, hard on the brake, repeating as needed, the "S" mode is damn near perfect. I have used the +/- toggle, and it also works well enough, but I have found the "S" auto mode rocks. Redline shift, redline shift, hard on the brakes and it is downshifting as the speed decreases so I will be in a low gear so when I go back to full throttle I am in the right gear. I might could do it a little better with the toggle, but why bother when the car can do it as well as it does. Note this is hard driving, rear end stepping out, sliding and drifting. What a hoot. This thing rocks.