Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #78
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Have the front & rear toe set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
Finally got the FRPP kit (1.5" drop with SVT dampers and rear SVT sway bar) installed in the car. It took an epic 5+ hours to install with help from someone who's done this before...I took the car for a brief spin, which included the twisty Western Dr along the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz and some straightaway blasts.

Amazingly, all the reviews of the suspension being harsh were unfounded, at least on the roads around here. There is barely any brake dive and the sway bar is doing its job. I've fallen in love with my car, again! All I need now is some new rubber and I'll be stoked for a long while. I'm not even sure if my car needs an alignment, it still tracks straight as an arrow, I'll probably get it checked before I make any tall claims though.

A big thank you to all the folks who've replied to this thread and guided me along the way. And huge props to crazyjess for making the install happen.
Get a 4 way alignment = to set your toe. Do the rear 1st, then the front & make sure the steering wheel is straight.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131