Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 System Upgrade DIY: Speakers + LOC + Amp + Sub
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Focussed2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94425
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Focussed2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballeater View Post
This is what I meant about the stock rings, but you answered it. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276050 I also guessing that when you said 2x $2.99 that means you need an adapter for all 4 doors?

DO you have any pictures of where you put the amp? You said in the hatch floor, so did you take your spare tire out or cut a section out of the styrofoam subfloor?
Oh jeez -- that guy cut up the old speaker to stick the new one inside the plastic housing. The stock connector plug isn't worth the effort -- just solder or crimp connect the stock wires to the new speaker wires and use mounting adapters!

I didn't take any pics of the amp in the back just because it was so generically installed. I cut the styrofoam in the front / driver corner and used velcro tape strips to hold the styrofoam in place. I cut it pretty snug to the amp. I did NOT want to loose the spare tire, so that wasn't an option.

I'll take a pic when I get a chance.