Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #76
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

Points 1,866, Level 25
Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25 Points: 1,866, Level: 25
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
I drive 60 miles a day on the freeway (~70-80mph). I fill up about every 5 days. I don't take notes on mpg but I just see what the total miles are when I fill up. Summer and Winter gas burns different too so you will usually see better mileage in the Summer...

I spent $5 on my DIY shifter and the exact same thing happened to my shift boot. Eventually I will replace the boot and lower the fulcrum on the shifter but for now I just took off the boot. Junk Yards and the classifieds on here will net you a new boot.
Found a leather boot with plastic ring intact. $25+shipping, not bad considering the item, when new is $45...

Any word on the mpg with the new plugs?

The weather will clear up enough for me to get the suspension install underway, this saturday. I B stoked :)

I've got two tires that have more wear than the other two, the previous owner never did the rotations - with the new suspension, I'm probably going to keep the old tires for a bit, and I'll move the newer tires to the rear and the older ones to the front.

The way I've had the tires behave with the older/less grippy tires at the rear in the wet has been hairy -- several fishtailing events even at low speeds...I figure the older tires, with the engine right over them, should wreak less havoc at low or medium speeds through the wet, however, I'm entirely unsure of their hydroplaning resistance...(sorry about the tangent, just wanted to get the words out)
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90