Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 13's for $2500.00
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
daveyboy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61480
What I Drive: 06 Mustang GT, 09 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 daveyboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwinkelsas View Post
^^^ GET UR FACTS STRAIT BOY! lol jk...

I imagine drag radials will be fine, i believe a stock focus auto goes high 16's? so the 3 should be about the same. When you go in April are you planning on running the car stock and then start putting the parts on slowly? that's personally what id like to see, the results of each mod or small groups of mods together to see just how they affect the car. gotta love the consistency of an automatic.

Make sure to keep us updated.
Mid 16's is what I figure the mazda will run. About a tenth or two slower than my focus...but mine has an exhaust on it.
I plan on do in the mods progressively like you stated, just to see what each one does for me.
Honestly I cant think of any one that races regularly that uses a manual transmission. Think you said it quite well...add to that though "Especially a computer controlled one"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney52806 View Post
my uncle showed me a trick to get around 8 horses out of machining the spark plug tips, i didn't believe him, but he did it for mine and i noticed a difference. your spark plugs last about 6 months though. i guess that's the only downfall
I think I know what trick you are talking about. Plan on doing a little work on the spark plugs myself, mainly to remove sharp edges to help thward detonation. Not worried about plug longevity cause I probably will replace them after each race when running the nitrous
Wheel gap is like a vagina the more fingers you can fit in the worse it is.