Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
Tarzanalog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94513
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tarzanalog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
... which I would like to do also, but its shift point is anything BUT consistent. It's 500 miles now since they replaced the clutch and throwout bearing and I would think that it would have learned by now how I drive (which is fairly conservative... just short of being a hyper-miler) and it frequently shifts at 4000 rpm which I don't think it should EVER do based on my driving habits.

What's worse is I'm getting a rattling/grinding noise again periodically when it DOES shift at lower RPM but unlike before the repair (and in your video Tiburon) when it would grind at the moment of the shift... now it's a rattle or rock-tumbler noise after the shift at lower RPM as the higher gearing is trying to take over. I'm going to wait another week, but if it is getting worse at that point I'm going to turn it back over to my dealer to tinker with for the two weeks that I'm abroad when it won't be driven much.