Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Did You Buy An EXTENDED WARRANTY For Your New Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #183
BoomShakalaka
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95305
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 BoomShakalaka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought an SE less than 2 weeks ago, no SYNC of MFT in it. Auto transmission is the only additional option I purchased (to safely share it with my gf to drive my daughter around). I bought a 7 year warranty through the dealership, but the finance manager said that if I cancel this that it won't take my monthly payments down but instead will just take the last two months off of my term. Can anyone confirm that? I brought my dad who hasn't bought a new car in forever, and I asked him if it sounded like a good idea and he kinda shrugged and said yeah. I can't justify 2800 on a warranty that wont likely be used. If this transmission is shoddy I'm going to test it in the first 36k and make it prove itself.

To add onto that, being it's my first car, the peace of mind sounded like the right choice, but without any extra electronics, I feel like if something happens to the tranny or suspension they're just going to try and find a way to exclude it from warranty coverage.