View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
ChibanaChosin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95407
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ChibanaChosin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After using my PS3s from May 24th to about mid-November (and I drive about 33,000 miles a year in this car), the PS3s still looked brand new. Even the guy at Discount Tire said that when I asked them to check them as they were installing the winter wheels and tires last fall. Of course, 80% or so of my driving is just cruising on the expressway, which is probably pretty easy on tires. I do go fast on expressway ramps, which I've read can chew them up pretty well. I would just stick with the PS3s and look at replacing them with something else when they wear, if you wish.

I must say that they are the best tires I've ever owned on any vehicle. They were exceptional in the dry and every bit as good in very heavy rain. I love them. I am now the lucky owner of two sets of PS3s, since my first 2012 Focus was totaled while wearing the winter wheels and tires. My new 2012, also with the THP, came with 18" wheels and PS3s, so I now have two sets. Once I finally go through both, I'll have to find something else, because I won't want to spend $273 each on them. I'll miss 'em, though.