Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #667
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonaze View Post
I went to the local dealer to get my DRLs enabled and they didn't know anything about it or how to do it until I brought in the info from this forum. After a month I decided that I would prefer to have them DISABLED and they can't do it. For some reason they had a different software version when they used the scan took to ENABLE the DRLs but since then they have new software which is preventing them from DISABLING the DRLs. That's their explanation. They suggested going to another dealer to see if they had the older software. What a crock of shit!!
that's a load of B.S. i had them enabled when i bought the care and hated the fact that EVERY exterior light was on when drls are enabled so i went back to the dealer and for a fee (first time was free) they disabled the drls... i then had the fogs rewired to be drls and provided a toggle switch so that they can be turned on/off at will... very happy w/ my decision.. I did this as well w/ my '01 focus and in 10 years have not had any issue.
I'd go to a different dealer and tell the originals ones to shoved their poor service.