Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #72
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

Points 1,996, Level 26
Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26 Points: 1,996, Level: 26
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homey55 View Post
Some guys on the forum Dyno'd them and claim 5hp. I did notice a slight improvement and for $8 it's not a bad investment. The power definitely smoothes out but that will happen with any new plugs you install. Not sure if there was much improvement on MPG but I'll let you know after I burn the current tank of gas as I just changed my plugs last weekend and I check my MPG after each tank of gas.
Yeah let me know! I check my MPG after each tank too...pretty detailed notes actually..call me anal but I like to know what is up.

What kind of driving do you do, that is, how much time/miles on highway vs city?

I'm in no rush to change my plugs per se, but with gas prices climbing, I'll take $8 to improve my efficiency by even 5%.

In other news, I just received my FRPP springs and SVT dampers today. The box with the SVT dampers was pretty chewed and gashed up but the contents look to be intact.
And my SVT rear sway bar is due to be delivered tomorrow.

I'll be doing the install this coming weekend...

Oh and, how did you end up spending money for the DIY short shifter? I did mine and I may have positioned the fulcrum point a little too high and now the ring at the base of my shifter is broken and regularly pops out of the holder...I don't want to spend $70+ for a whole new shift knob to just get a replacement for the transmission boot ring...any ideas?
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90