Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #24
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttnmthkngs420 View Post
This is why I tend to keep mine full. If i THINK I may be getting low...guess what I fill it. I don't need something to tell me when to fill it. What ever did u guys do before this technological breakthrough!? And believe it or not..we do get snow in this part of the world.
I fill mine fairly frequently, but I went through an entire reservoir in under 2 weeks mid-winter when we got hit with a bad snowstorm. For 2 weeks solid everything was slush and dirt, so every time I got on the highway (at least twice a day, purely from work) I was having to use it once or twice. In addition, the rear-window sprayer is *horrendously* inefficient. I've resorted to using it in bursts (just quickly tapping it a few times) or else it just drains the reservoir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Ok maybe 3 inches

Seriously, I live where we get snow every winter and they use road salt and I have never needed some stupid little idiot light to tell me when I'm out of washer fluid. When it stops spraying, I fill it back up again, that simple. And I've been driving for 30 years.
First off, I live in Westpark...probably 10 minutes from you lol

Secondly, it's not that I need a light...it's that the manual says there is one and there really isn't. I've only run out once in my life (and it was on this car), but it's still not a great thing to happen. I take 90 to work and back every day and when we got hit with that snowstorm it was all covered in slush and nastyness. Very inopportune time to run out of fluid.

As for the "bashing" stuff: I just don't get why anyone would give an opinion *against* the feature. The manual specifically states that our cars have this feature, and it doesn't work. Why anyone would say "what's the big deal?" to that is mind-boggling. I paid $30k for a car that is missing features the manual states it should have. That *is* a big deal, regardless of how irrelevant the features are.

It wouldn't matter if the manual said my car had a feature that thanked me for getting a full tank of gas. Sure, I'd probably be annoyed with it, but if the car didn't actually *do* it I'd still be upset. It's a feature the car is supposed to have...so not having it *is* a problem to me.