st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
I saw that too ... very interesting. The part about the rental cars is so true. My brother loves my FoFo, how it handles, drives, shifts, etc... His wife's Honda needed to be in the shop for a week so he was sure to get a '12 FoFo rental. To put it mildly, he thought it was a POS. Now granted, it was an "S" and not a Titanium, but it seems that at least that rental co. is not applying TSB's and those problems us fanatics have been chasing down and quashing continue to live on.
I beleve the focus is good enough that those who do rent one will like it enough to want to buy one at some point. The large number or fleet cars is only detrimental if the car sucks...The old round taurus's were crap, but they still go for WAY too much these days. Look at it this way, used car prices are the highest they have EVER been compared to the original vehicle cost. Blue book values are actually right for the first time ever...and Ford is putting out vehicles good enough to compete worldwide, fleet cars or not. We should be able to get plenty out of our used Focus's, since the number of folks who can afford a new car is likely to remain low for years to come...sadly.

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!