Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #646
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytonya View Post
Are these updates only for the sport versions of the transmission? I only ask because my dealer had no clue about these updates, but then again he also said they don't sell many cars with sport packages. I have an SE hatch with auto transmission and have no idea of I have this power shift. It sounds like some of you are talking about being able to shift on the fly like I can in my mom's VW so it's kind of an semi-manual automatic. If thy's the case then I definitely know I don't have this feature but would still like to be sure I have the most up to date software. I haven't noticed any of the stuttering or grinding that others have reported but I do drive it hard so maybe I've avoided this problem. Anyway, would still like to know if I should push for this update or if it's just for the sport packages.

---
I am here: Posted Via FF Mobile1xs4rc
I think it works for both. But the sport model has more parameters to adjust for and the TSBs are to adjust for those. If you are not having problems you should not have it done. Your computer is handling the shifts fine and introducing new info will not help and could cause some issues to crop up as it has to start over. I have an august build and the sport model with no problems and will not get the update done. If in the future it does develop issues then I will see about it but until that happens I will leave it alone.