Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #644
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I brought my Focus in on December 1st to have an update applied to it. My car was built on April 26th 2011 and had all the original software on it- as well as the faulty, drifty steering rack which was replaced. The work list didn't show what updates they applied but afterward instead of shifting out of 1st and 2nd at 2300rpm, the engine revs up more freely. It was much better than it was, but the car still bogs down quite a bit and the tranny grinds occasionally. Seeing as how the work was done on the first of December does that mean I got an earlier update? Am I now two updates behind? If I am I may ask the tech to apply them next time I get my oil changed. (He knows me by name by now, as do most of the dealership staff) Funny tidbit; whenever I go to have work done/defects fixed I've always noticed at least one other 2012 in the part of the lot they keep cars to be worked on, makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.