Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,128, Level 18
Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18 Points: 1,128, Level: 18
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-rod05 View Post
No idea why they moved the servo, probably because the engine was different and the throttle body is in a different location?

I don't think anything has changed on the clock spring from 05 and above but it looked similar and the plugs were the same.

I did notice that on an 04 that did not have cruise, it did have the clock spring for the cruise wires and the connector had the white, brown, and green/yellow wires on it, so maybe after 04 they decided to just have one clock spring instead of two?

Brown, white, greenyellow from the clock spring are your cruise switch wires.

The hole above the black switch is the where the green brake pedal position switch goes. You said that the green switch was there, where is it tied away at?

Not sure what you mean by the servo module and the cruise servo being built into each other, from what I've found the servo module in the engine bay does everything, the rest is just wires and switches.

The ECU/PCM does not need to be programmed to use cruise. Only 08 and above need to be programmed since they are drive-by-wire systems. The only thing the PCM is used for with cruise on the 00-07 is Pin # 28 which is the Vehicle Speed Sensor, but I've come to find that you don't even need to run a wire all the way over to that side of the car, all you need to do is tap into the Green/White wire from the radio, which is the same signal.
Thanks! I didn't realize the servo module on 00-04 contained the electronics, but I noticed the long connector on one last night. I was thinking it had a separate module and servo like some older cars.

I'm not understanding what all the '06-'07 Focus cruise ecms are selling on ebay because they never show a pic. Are those servo modules? I read threads here claiming the pcm needs programmed to enable cruise but maybe that's for '09 and up fly by wire. Some go so far as claiming you need ot visit the dealer for a reflash and provide them a VIN# of a car with cruise.

I need to understand where the servo is mounted on '06 and '07 car. I see the battery box bracket has some space between the fender and battery with three bosses on it to accept bolts. However some service manal pics suggest the bracket is on the engine. There is also a little aluminum platform mount over top of the tranny bell just behind the cylinder head that would seem to fit a servo.