Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #82
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Don't know why the FF system stopped sending me e-mail updates on this thread lately, sorry I missed your replies jimmyt. Thanks for throwing all of that info in one spot, I'm going to print that out now. I've read through all this before but I think this is much better having it all in one spot.

The Ford Field Service Engineer is going to stop by the dealership tomorrow so I got call today from the service dealer asking me to bring the car in. I dropped it off tonight because I can't make it in tomorrow morning before work. Wish I had seen all these posts condensed here, I'd have printed it out and brought it in earlier this evening.

While I'm here, I'll mention another symptom I found last night with the car. When going 55 mph while the hum is going, I found that bearing left at this speed increases speed of the hum/vibration (instead of hum..... hum..... hum....., it becomes hum..hum..hum..hum..hum..). Bearing right decreases the speed of the hum/vibration. Sounds like an issue on the drivers side, because bearing left makes the wheels on the drivers side of the car spin slightly faster than those on the passenger side, and vice versa for bearing right. I haven't gone this fast on a curvy highway yet, so it was fun to notice it.

Fingers crossed for an intelligent FSE!