Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The details about 2005 cars are muddy in my mind. It appears to be carryover from '04 design.

However with respect to 2006 thru 2007 vintage cars, it appears they are all wired for cruise (ready). There does not appear to be a clockspring part# without cruise for this vintage, so it's equipped with one. The car also came equipped with clutch switch.

The servo module is built into the cruise servo beginning in 2006, so there's not stand-alone cruise control module. For this reason, the wiring to the servo is similar if not identical to the wiring to the pre-'05 module. From what I can see, the only things missing on my car are:

1) speed control servo (has integral module with 10 pin electrical plug)
2) cruise switches for steering wheel (or complete cruise steering wheel)
3) brake pedal position switch

I am confused whether the ECM/PCM needs programmed for cruise. I don't see why this would be necessary since the speed sensing is a standard feature and the cruise module intelligence is contained in the servo assy. But I really don't know.