Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,192, Level 18
Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
OK, some more info....

I own a 2007 Focus S strippo car with manual tranny. Keep in mind that cruise was not even an option on an S car.

Today I installed a tach cluster and made the following discoveries:

1) My car appears to have some or all OEM cruise wiring harness installed already, so the rumor that these cars are somewhat "ready" must be true.

2) the green connector to the pedal assy with 2 green wires with white tracer is folded back and taped near the pedal bracket.

3) clockspring appears to be wired on the 9 pin bottom connector. I was unable to see the pin #'s, but here the colors from left to right:

white w green tracer
blue w green tracer
green w yellow tracer
brown
white
black w blue tracer
black
black w orange tracer
green w red tracer

Also, as I viewed some ford internet parts sites I noticed that the clock spring got more expensive for models around 2006 and newer. I'm not sure why, but it appears to differ from the 2004 and earlier version. I haven't researched part numbers.

The bracket on my 2007 manual tranny pedal assembly has two switches on it. A big blue one on the left with 5 pin red connector and a black switch on the right side of the bracket (closer to brake) with black 3 pin connector. A spare hole sits above the black gadget for mounting another switch....maybe the green connector would plug into it.

hope this helps some. rick